Providing proven quality Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) systems is something that we have excelled in, always.
Zero Liquid Discharge is an advanced process that is crucial to industrial and municipal organizations. The process is also sensitive to the environment as it is eco-friendly, cost effective and ensures no effluent or any form of discharge is left over. Hi tech wastewater treatment technologies are utilized in the ZLD process for wastewater purification and recycling. In fact, employment of ZLD (Zero liquid discharge) technologies caters to various process requirements related to discharge and water reuse requirements, thus aiding plants in the following:
Follow and work in line with cooling tower blowdown as well as flue gas desulfurization (FGD) discharge norms & regulations
- Treat valuable products recovered from waste streams
- Ensure better management and utilization of produced water
- A well designed, efficient and functionally superior d ZLD Treatment System should be so designed that it can:
- Handle variations that may occur in waste contamination & flow
- Give scope for required chemical volumes adjustments
- Recover a high volume (almost 95%) of your liquid waste and make it suitable for reuse
- Also retrieve valuable by products like salt & brines from the waste
- Disposable end product should be in the form of a dry & solid cake
A Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) treatment system designed in congruence with the most advanced technology will help your facility /setup meet set effluent requirements of the industry in no time.
What is included in our ZLD systems?
ZLD treatment systems integrate various components and use of specific parts largely depends on the following:
- The exact volume of dissolved material found in the waste
- The requisite flow rate of the system
- Contaminants present
However, standard ZLD treatment systems embed the following:
- A clarifier &/or reactor that aids in precipitating hardness and products like various metals & silica
- A proper chemical feed for facilitating processes like precipitation, flocculation, as well as coagulation of various metals & solids suspended in the waste
- An ultramodern filter press housing various well designed parts for concentrating the secondary solid waste after the process of pretreatment
- A robust ultrafiltration (UF) unit for eliminating leftover trace amounts of different types of suspended solids. The UF unit and its functioning also prevents fouling and scaling, and inhibits rust or corrosion from forming down the line of treatment
- A Reverse Osmosis (RO) unit for aiding in the systematic removal of dissolved solids from the water stream. This happens during the primary phases of concentration
- Well designed brine concentrators for concentrating the reject RO stream
- An evaporator that leads to vaporization of access water during the final phases of waste concentration before it flows to the crystallizer
- Finally, a crystallizer is embedded that helps in heating/boiling off the remaining liquid. This ensures the disposal product is received in the form of a dry & solid cake for disposal.
We take into consideration the needs of your plant and processes to bring forth Zero Liquid Discharge (ZLD) systems having the above-mentioned components, which are usually more than enough. However, if you require systems with a bit of more customized configurations, we can add on additional features or technologies in supplied products as per your requirements and application needs. Today, we cater to specific needs of a broad range of industries and deliver custom designed products as per exact facility’s needs.